Thursday, August 19, 2021

Tale of two cucumber salads

Today I went to my little heaven on earth - Froberg's Market. It's a vegetable market not to far from my house. Frankly, besides fresh home grown tomatoes, I do not know what is better than home grown cucumbers. And... guess what??? It's cucumber season at Froberg's Farm!!! In my excitement, I bought way too many cucumbers... so, decided to make cucumber salads. The first one is one my mom always made, the second just a creation from the kitchen.

Cucumbers in Sour Cream Dressing
3 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
3 green onions, slivered
1 cup sour cream
2 TBS lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until serving.

Cucumber and Tomato Salad
3 cucumbers - peeled, cut in 1/2 and seeds scooped out and thinly sliced
2 tomatoes - chopped
1/2 red onion - thinly sliced
1/2 cup feta cheese
vinaigrette dressing - enough to coat

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment