Thursday, August 19, 2021

Simple... Easy... Pasta... Yum

Lately, I've been craving nothing but pasta. I simply love pasta. I usually make it with a load of veggies, so that I can cut the amount of pasta that I eat in half. Sometimes dinner is a challenge with working a full time job and trying to make it into the gym after work. I came up with this quick and easy gem the other night.

Pasta with mushrooms
8 oz bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
olive oil for pan
1/2 onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
8 oz mushrooms sliced thick1/4 cup white wine


Coat a skillet with olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Saute until tender. Add oregano, basil and red pepper flake, saute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their juices. Add the wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add the bowtie pasta and toss. Serve immediately. Add Parmesan or Asiago cheese to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment