Thursday, August 19, 2021

Zucchini

It's summer and about the time that most folks that have a garden with zucchini are finding new and different ways to use it. I've had fried zucchini, grilled zucchini, zucchini bread and even chocolate zucchini cake! This is one of my favorite ways to prepare zucchini. My sister gave me this recipe... I modified it a bit to be "summer friendly" (i.e., no oven).

Sauteed Zucchini and Feta
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups cubed zucchini
1 tomato, diced
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
10 kalamata olives, pitted and diced
1/4 cup feta cheese

Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until tender. Add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper and cook until zucchini is tender. Add olives and feta. This is great served over rice or orzo, but equally good eaten all by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment