Thursday, August 19, 2021

Soup creation

I had a wonderful soup at TGI Fridays this past summer. It was a roasted red pepper soup... and it was delicious. I searched high and low for a recipe that would be similar to it, and couldn't find one. This past weekend, I tried to recreate it... I think I came pretty close.

Roasted Red Pepper Soup

Oil for pan
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
2 cups vegetable stock
8 oz roasted red peppers
1/4 cup fresh basil
28 oz can ground tomatoes
1 cup half and half
4 TBS butter

Saute onion, garlic, carrot and celery in olive oil until fragrant. Add stock and simmer until carrots are fork tender. Add the peppers and basil. Place the vegetable mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot and add the tomatoes and cook until heated through. Add the half and half and butter and cook until the butter is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment