Thursday, August 19, 2021

Snap out of it!

I've been in a real cooking funk lately. Not sure if it is from not wanting to heat up the kitchen in the summer or just not feeling like cooking. I'm guessing is it the former, because as we have gotten a reprieve from the oppressive heat, I have cooked more. Last weekend alone I made Monster Spaghetti, Hungry Man Chili, Banana Bread and Brownies. Tonight, Mark requested Chicken Cordon Bleu. I had my own recipe that I used deli ham and deli swiss, and rolled it up securing with toothpicks. I recently saw an episode of Tyler's Ultimate where he had showcased the Ultimate Chicken Cordon Bleu. I followed his recipe (except for the breading) and technique, with wonderful results... I'm doing it this way from now on ! I did have to cook longer than the 25 minutes the recipe suggests, it was still uncooked in the very middle. I would suggest 45 minutes at 350.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-cordon-bleu-recipe2/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment