Thursday, August 19, 2021

Moosewood Restaurant ROCKS!!!

I have never eaten at the Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca, NY... but I have several of their cookbooks. My favorite being Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites. I am always finding new favorites in this book. My most recent is a dish that I cooked last night (I changed it up a bit and included those changes below). I served this with pork chops marinated in jerk seasoning for Mark... would be awesome with jasmine rice.

Cauliflower with Curry Sauce
3 cups cauliflower, steamed
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp canola oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 TBS cilantro
pinch of cayenne
1 cup nonfat yogurt (I used low fat sour cream)
chana masala

saute the onion in oil until golden (add a little water if needed to prevent sticking). Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer onion mixture to blender and add yogurt and cilantro. Puree until smooth. Pour the curry sauce on the cauliflower and toss gently. Sprinkle on chana masala as desired.

  • 4 ears corn, shucked and steamed
  • 2 large red potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
  • 1 large white onion
  • 5 large cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 3 large stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 large red bell pepper, cored and chopped
  • 1-½ teaspoons sea salt
  • 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
  • ½ teaspoon paprika
  • ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
  • 2 cups water
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment